What We Do
Since the discussion of the Redevelopment Agencies by State of California the ability of cities to provide housing programs is generally reduced due to lack of funding. Community Development staff provides support to Housing Authority Board Members (City Council), City Attorney, and City Manager. Additionally, programs provided by other agencies are highlighted as a resource to assist the community in obtaining housing grants and loans such as: 
  • County of Riverside Housing Authority at (951) 351-0700 or check their website at http://www.harivco.org/. Their office location is 5555 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA 92504.
  • Riverside County Economic Development Agency at (951) 343-5469 or check their website at http://www.rivcoeda.org/Departments/Housing/tabid/57/Default.aspx. Their office location is 5555 Arlington Avenue, Riverside, CA 92504
  • California Housing Finance at 877.9.CalHFA or 916.326.8677 or check their website at http://www.calhfa.ca.gov/.
  • Federal Housing and Urban Development at 714-796-5577 or check their website at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/buying/loans. Their field office location is Santa Ana, Federal Building, 34 Civic Center Plaza, Room 7015, Santa Ana, CA 92701-4003.
  • State of California Department of Community Development at 916-445-4775 or check their website at http://www.hcd.ca.gov/fa/. Their office is located at 1800 Third Street, Sacramento, CA 95811.
Please note that the City of Banning has no say regarding terms, loan amount, interest rate, etc. The City is providing this information as a resource.